Valentine’s Day is almost here and as you know, the key to a man’s heart is through his stomach. So, I can’t think of a better way to start the morning than with these fluffy and deliciously light pancakes. These vegan pancakes only require 7 ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen. Say goodbye to those high priced boxed pancake mixes. Pancakes don’t have to be boring either, you can jazz up your pancakes with many sweet or savory options. For my hunny, I added strawberries, blueberries, and 100% maple syrup for my toppings. Topping alternatives: Honey, peanut butter, bananas, chocolate chips, whipped cream, and nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts). Show your sweetheart you care with breakfast in bed this Valentine’s Day!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons organic brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100% pure maple syrup
- Fresh fruit
1. In a medium bowl, add 1 cup flour, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and stir to combine.
2. In a liquid measuring cup, add 1 cup almond milk, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
3. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
4. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
5. Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto a nonstick pan over medium heat.
6. When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
7. Serve warm with your favorite toppings and enjoy!