Looking for a lighter dessert to indulge in this Falloween? Try my delicious stuffed baked apples that are simple to make and the perfect treat to share!
- Apples (I used granny smith and honeycrisp)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon organic brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon of butter per apple
- 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips semi-sweet
- Optional: Drizzle your choice of RX Nut Butters (vanilla almond butter) or (honey cinnamon peanut butter)
Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
- Wash apples well and cut off the top part of the apples (set the tops aside). Pro Tip: To prevent apples from browning, squeeze some fresh lemon juice on them.
- Remove the apple core (the inner seed pod) with a corer.
- Place apples into an oven safe bowl.
- Mix walnuts, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and gluten free oats in food processor. Stuff the apples with mixture.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter on top of each apple and close the apple with the “apple lid” (top of apple piece).
- Pour 3/4 cup of water into the baking bowl.
- Bake apples for 30+ minutes. The bigger the apple the longer they need to bake to get soft. If the apples need more time to get soft don’t hesitate to throw them back in the oven for a little longer.
- While apples are baking in the oven, melt mini chocolate chips on stove top in a double boiler. Keep on low heat after chocolate chips are melted.
- Take apples out of oven and drizzle melted chocolate on top along with RX nut butters.
- I also like to add non-dairy ice cream to my stuffed baked apple to complete the dish! My favorite non-dairy ice cream is SO Delicious Very Vanilla flavor. It’s cashew milk and tastes incredible! You won’t be disappointed.
- Enjoy your treat!
Favorite Non-Dairy Ice Cream to Serve with the Stuffed Baked Apples